We have released a new flight with the build number 14971 for insiders. If you discover any new issues, please report it using the feedback app.
New this build:
- Fixes were made to the Raspberry Pi 3 BT driver to address issues with pairing devices
- Updates were made to the Shell to better handle the lifecycle of continuous background tasks that have the restart property set to disabled
- Windows.Devices.Enumeration.DevicePicker has been added to IoT Core
- Changes were made to allow applications to suppress their splash screen by using the no splash screen flag
- The Hardware Notification WDF Class Extension has been added to IoT Core enabling platforms to support hardware notifications
- The USB Function Class Extension has been added to IoT Core enabling USB OTG and dynamical role switching when supported by the hardware platform
- A change was made to increase stability in the SD Port driver
- Changes were made to add the ability to enter and exit the Connected Standby and Sleep (S3) power states via an extension to the Windows.System.ShutdownManager WinRT API
- The User Mode Power Service was added to IoT Core
- An On Screen Keyboard (OSK) was added as an optional package and was added to the default FFUs. The OSK is disabled by default and must be enabled via the new option in Windows Devices Portal (Web Management).
- The bottom row of the lowercase On Screen Keyboard is shifted out of position due to the ‘z’ key being out of place
- GattDeviceService.GetCharacteristics may throw an unexpected System.ArgumentException
- Logging in with MSA with default options may result in device getting stuck on Windows logo on boot. Workaround – When logging in with MSA, in the “Sign in to this device using your Microsoft account” wizard window click on the ‘Sign in to just this app instead’ option instead.
- Store applications may fail to update with ERROR_PACKAGES_IN_USE
- Default applications may fail to start when using the store signed packages after a servicing update is applied if the License.xml is not present. A work around exists of adding the License.xml file to the application directory
- The MinnowBoard Max firmware 0.93 has a known issue which can lead to network connectivity failure. It is recommended to use 0.92.
Hi, Is there a solution to enable easy on-screen keyboard on Pi3 with Win for IOT as on Linux ?
I notice that if I manage the RPi using MS Edge I can see the option for the OSK, but the page seems incomplete and I do not have a Save button. If I use Chrome I can see the Save button, but do not have the OSK option available. I haven't tried other browsers yet...
It is in the "Device Settings" just above the Cortana on boot option. I my case it looks like Edge was failing to apply the relevant css styles which allowed the option to be shown.