Expression Blend Preview for .NET 4 - imcompatible project file RRS feed

• Question

• When opening a solution created with Expression Blend 3, Expression Blend Preview for .NET 4 complains that the project file is not supported. Should I be able to open a project created in Blend 3? VS 2010 had no problem importing the solution. (Blend for .NET 4 can't open the original or the updated solution.)
    • Moved by Anna Ullrich Tuesday, January 12, 2010 12:34 AM wrong forum (From:Expression Studio)
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 5:31 PM

All replies

• I'm moving your thread to the forum for Expression Blend where you'll get more replies.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/anna
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 12:34 AM
  • Hi,
          The Blend Preview for .NET 4 supports only WPF 4 and Silverlight 4 projects (note: it is a preview for .Net 4) and so Blend 3 project will not be opened. You can either continue working with Blend 3 or upgrade these projects to latest patform (WPF 4.0 / Silverlight 4.0) in VS and then use Blend Preview for .NET 4.

Thanks,
    Navit Saxena

• Proposed as answer by navits - MSFT Tuesday, January 12, 2010 7:23 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 7:23 AM
  • But I did upgrade the solution in VS 2010. I'm not able to view the upgraded solution in Expression Blend 4 Preview.
    Monday, January 18, 2010 6:48 PM
  • Hi,
         Blend 3 allows you to create either a WPF 3.5 or Silverlight 3 project. On opening a Blend 3 solution in VS2010, the upgrade wizard only updates your solution file to new VS2010 format but it doesn;t upgrade the platform i.e. your projects are still WPF 3.5 / Silverlight 3.

Please follow these steps and let me know if it works for you:

1. Open your solution in VS2010
    2. Right click on project and goto Properties
    3. WPF: Change TargetFramwork version to .Net 4.0
        Silverlight: Change the Silverlight version to Silverlight 4

Save the project / solution and then try opening it in Blend 4.

HTH

Thanks,
    Navit Saxena

Monday, January 18, 2010 8:17 PM