WinRT SetThreadAffinityMask() equivalent

Question

• Hi,

is there a method equivalent to SetThreadAffinityMask()?

Thanks

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:56 PM

Answers

• Windows Store apps are not allowed to explicitly control their thread affinity. You are strongly encouraged to use async calling patterns which will use threads from a thread pool, or to explicitly using a thread pool API. This platform flexibility is an important part of the power management optimization which allows the system to handle appropriate multicore scaling.
    Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:01 PM

All replies

• Hi George,

Did you find any alternative call for SetThreadAffinityMask, Because Right now i am in need of this call.

Regards,

Muthu

Friday, July 05, 2013 3:46 AM
  • I'm curious as to why you would need this API. With WinRT being designed to tightly control the resources that a process uses, I doubt that an API call like this would be allowed in a store application.
    Tuesday, July 09, 2013 2:25 PM
  • Windows Store apps are not allowed to explicitly control their thread affinity. You are strongly encouraged to use async calling patterns which will use threads from a thread pool, or to explicitly using a thread pool API. This platform flexibility is an important part of the power management optimization which allows the system to handle appropriate multicore scaling.
    Tuesday, July 09, 2013 6:01 PM