none
Need help about driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi every one,

Dose any one know how to find the process name which is getting killed  when we try to kill a process from task manager.

for example we are trying to kill notepad.exe process from task manager. Is there any windows API that can find the process name that is getting killed. In this example it is notepad.exe.

please help me in this.........

thanks in advance.

Reagrds,
    Anil
    Wednesday, April 2, 2008 12:25 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Anil,

From our side, this is not at all recommended. Task manager is not customizable in the way you want. If you grant access to Task manager, then the user can attempt to terminate any process. Task manager does not support a “do not terminate” list.

However if you really don’t want users using task manager, then you can block Task Manager by policy.

Thanks

Saswati

Monday, April 7, 2008 2:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Anil,

Please note, this forum is for application compatibility and certification related questions on Windows Server 2008.  

There is no such Windows API available that will get this information (process name for your case) after the process has been killed, unless you had another process already running, monitoring this process.

Please clarify whether you want to stop yourself from being killed.

Hope the above helps

Thanks

Saswati

Thursday, April 3, 2008 1:45 PM
  • Hi Saswati,

Just i want to give the access to task manager to kill only few process that i wanted. And other processes to block from killing.

Thanks
    Anil
    Friday, April 4, 2008 4:40 AM
  •  

Hi Anil,

From our side, this is not at all recommended. Task manager is not customizable in the way you want. If you grant access to Task manager, then the user can attempt to terminate any process. Task manager does not support a “do not terminate” list.

However if you really don’t want users using task manager, then you can block Task Manager by policy.

Thanks

Saswati

Monday, April 7, 2008 2:15 PM