none
Word 2007 Crashes when leaving a formfield with an exit macro and entering table in an unprotected section RRS feed

• Question

• I have found a bug in Microsoft Word 2007.  The program will crash under the followins situation.

Section 1 of a document template is locked and contains a formfield or dropdown that has an exit macro attached. The user selects the form field or drop down.  The user then goes to an unprotected section (say section 2) and clicks in an unprotected cell in a table.  When the user clicks in the table Word 2007 will crash.  The problem is consistant and repeatable.  The exit macro does not appear to have completed successfully prior to Word crashing.  If requested, a sample can be provided...

The main reason for this post to is make sure the right people are aware of the problem, but if there is a nice work around for this situation I would appreciate it.  I put in a call to Microsoft support but I have a suspicion that it isn't going to get to the right people, so I hope that this post may yield more effective results.

Thanks,  Jason

Sunday, March 27, 2011 6:44 PM

All replies

• This doesn't happen for me. If you send me (Tony @ Jollans dot com) your document I will test it.

Enjoy,
    Tony
    www.WordArticles.com
    Monday, March 28, 2011 5:45 AM
  • It has been a while since i have posted anything about this, but that is because  as yet there is still no solution.  The problem was re-creatable with a simple test case, but there does not as yet appear to be a fix. So I am still looking for additional suggestions if anyone out there would like to take a shot at what this problem might be.

Thanks

Jason

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 5:29 PM
  • Tried this with Word 2010. Not able to recreate the problem.

(Windows 7 Enterprise, SP 1 64b, Word 2010 14 SP 1)

Stein-Tore

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 3:29 PM