none
Data Source Configuration Wizard vs Local Database Cache template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I add a local database cache to my project using the Data Source Configuration wizard the generated DataSet contains all the tables selected for synchronization with all FK relations between them. No SQL scripts are generated though.

On the other hand, when I use the Local Database Cache template the generated DataSet contains all the selected tables without any FK relations. The SQL scripts are generated.

And I can't see any change tracking columns added to any of the tables in any of the above methods.

Am I doing something wrong or are the above methods genuinely different and how?

I am using VS2010 Premium and SQL Server 2008 R2.

Regards,

Thursday, September 29, 2011 12:12 PM

All replies

• Hello,

After you configured table and click "OK", did you have a check if "Save SQL scripts in the project for later use" was checked or not? Please double check this article. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb882690.aspx

Thanks,

Larcolais Gong[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, October 3, 2011 3:35 AM
  • Hi Larcolais,

Thanks for the reply. When I use the Data Source Configuration wizard (via Data/Add New Data Source... menu of the VS2010 main menu) no 'Save SQL scripts in the project for later use' checkbox appears at any stage of the wizard. The only relevant checkbox that I could see was the 'Use SQL Server change tracking' which I did check.

Could it be that if a database table has already been configured for change tracking within another project, no new scripts should be generated for that table?

Regards,

Monday, October 3, 2011 8:46 AM