none
Auto-sending tasks & calendar items from subsite to main site--possible? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. We have a main Program Office site with half a dozen subsites for individual projects. The main site has, among other things, a calendar and a list of tasks on the front page.  These are populated with Program Office-specific items.

Each subsite also has, among other things, its own calendar and task list.

I'd like to make it so that when a project staffer enters a calendar item or a task (on a subsite), that entry also automatically shows up on the Program Office's calendar or task list (on the main site). Ideally the new item would also have some kind of designation as to where it came from--Project A, B or C--even if only by color code.

This seems like a pretty basic piece of workgroup functionality, but I've been repeatedly told MOSS07 doesn't support this kind of sharing. Can that be true?

Thank you,
    Mike
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 5:04 PM

Answers

• A few ways you can tackle this:

1) Buy a third-party solution like Corasworks that does roll-ups
    2) Create a workflow on the subsite calendars that creates a new item on the main calendar when an item is created. Although, to get it right you will have to build oter workflow(s) to keep it all synchronized
    3) Rethink your whole multiple calendar strategy. Could you use one calendar and add a column called "Project" and then filter your view of that calendar depending on the current page?

Any other strategies that I am not remembering?

But yeah, it's annoying that said functionality is not built in.
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 5:25 PM