none
Can I prevent Visual Studio Table Designer from disabling DDL triggers when running update script?

Question

• When I use the Table Designer built into Visual Studio 2015 to modify a table, the script generated and executed by the "Update" button includes a step to "Disable all DDL triggers". However, we use DDL triggers in order to capture changes to our database structure, so this step is not compatible with our environment. Unless I'm just not seeing it, there doesn't seem to be an option in VS to disable this "feature".

I know that I can use SSMS with no problem, and I'll do that if necessary, but I'd like to avoid the need to have both programs running when just Visual Studio should suffice. Is there a registry hack or any other way to prevent VS from disabling DDL triggers during the update?

Friday, April 21, 2017 1:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

I've checked all related options in tools in Visual Studio 2015:

unluckily, I did not find any features could meet your requirement. As you mentioned you had a workaround by using SSMS, also you could submit a user voice.

https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

Best regards,

Fletch

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 4:01 AM