Left side bar or flyout in windows 8 xaml for metro app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone , 

I am developing windows 8 metro app using C# xaml . here i need to have left side bar . i know there is one .dll TCD which provide the functionality for right side bar (Called FlyOut) but that is useful in case of Right Side Bar, But for my Problem i need to have the Flyout In Left Side .Please help me out if you guys have any idea about how to achieve that ? thanks in advance .

Objective -
    Left Side Bar or Flyout in Windows 8 Metro app . 
    Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

the Okra Framework on CodePlex contains a FlyOutPane. It comes with a constructor that allows you to specify the so-called FlyOutEdge (i.e. left or right).

Here's the source code for that control, in case you don't want to reference the whole framework in your app.

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Friday, October 18, 2013 2:27 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Shivam,

There is nothing built in for this in Windows 8, but you can do essentially the same thing you'd do to create a right side flyout but reverse it to the left.

In Windows 8.1 you can use the Flyout control and place it to the left of your window.

--Rob

Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:45 PM
  • Hi Rob , 

thanks for your response . but in TCD dll they have already mentioned that it is for only right side bar , cant possible in left side . and next things is that i am using 8.0 not 8.1 so suggest me something which i can really do for the same .waiting for your response . 

Friday, October 11, 2013 8:03 AM
  • Hi,

the Okra Framework on CodePlex contains a FlyOutPane. It comes with a constructor that allows you to specify the so-called FlyOutEdge (i.e. left or right).

Here's the source code for that control, in case you don't want to reference the whole framework in your app.

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Friday, October 18, 2013 2:27 AM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:47 AM
  • check this flyout

its a popup too

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Flyout-HTTP-POSTGET-7d16179c

• Proposed as answer by prasanas Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:38 AM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 4:30 AM
  • Hi , Diederik, 

Thanks for your valuable response . I tried your Okra Framework in my project and find some difficulty to implement here . i created class file and calling from my UI by creating object and calling show() method . it is displaying just one screen but not creating flyout for me . i am calling from my UI like this . 

FlyoutPane objFlyoutPane = new FlyoutPane(FlyoutEdge.Left, true);

objFlyoutPane.Show(objFlyoutPane );

am i doing something wrong here or other Efforts i need to do please let me know .

Thanks in Advance 

Friday, October 18, 2013 4:43 AM
  • Thanks Rob , 

Rob may i know that Have you tried in 8.1 "The Left Flyout " ? if you done then what is required to do that in my environment  My environment  is vs 2012 with 4.5 framework . and OS is 8.0 .

Friday, October 18, 2013 11:52 AM
  • Hi Shivam,

You must write something like this

var objFlyoutPane = new FlyoutPane(FlyoutEdge.Left, true);
                var leftBar = new LeftSideBard(Frame);

objFlyoutPane.Show(leftBar);

"La invensibilidad reside en la defensa, la posibilidad de victoria, en el ataque." -Sun Tzu, El arte de la querra

Friday, November 7, 2014 8:36 PM