How to install the Css Friendly Control Adapter Source Code RRS feed

• Question

• User237232814 posted

Hi guys really new to ASP.NET I was trying to install the CSS Friendly control adapter but for some reason the instructions on the website seems outdated. I downloaded all the files (Source Code, DLL, Browser) I believe I need to add the DLL file to my website's Bin folder and the Browser file to the APP_Browsers folder is this correct? After I place this files how to I get it working? what do I have to do?

Also if I want to create a new DLL file from the Source code how do I do these? I opened the web-site with Visual Studio 2008 and I can see all the files in the solution explorer? But how do I compile this to a DLL file? I tried doing a build solution but all I get is an .sln file???

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Carlos

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:41 AM

Answers

• User-629546587 posted

Hi,

1. Add a reference to CSSFriendly.dll. This is typically done by right-clicking your web project, choosing the Add References command, browsing for the CSSFriendly.dll file, and clicking OK.

2. Add the CSSFriendlyAdapters.browser file to the AppBrowsers folder in the root of your web project. If the AppBrowsers folder doesn't exist, create it.

3. There is something called "Publish" under "Build" menu to get a dll of your solution. you can use that

http://www.asp.net/cssadapters/whitepaper.aspx --- this link will be of great use.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 5:43 AM