none
VS2015 - Framework and References

Question

• Hi, 

I've started to learn GUI C++ programming with Visual Studio 2015. I want to create database. That is why I must make some changes in  Reference option. I have added MySql.data but i can't see result of it in Solution Explorer. How can I do it? 

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hi friend,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Please see the following steps to connect MySQL database to your c++ project:

1.        Open your Project->Properties.
    2. Under Configuration Properties, open the tree view.
    3. Select C++, General in the tree view.
    4. Ensure that Visual Studio can find the MySQL include directory. This directory includes header files that can optionally be installed when installing MySQL Server.
    5. In the Additional Include Directories text field, add the MySQL include/ directory
    6. Also set the location of additional libraries that Visual Studio needs to build the application. These are located in the MySQL lib/opt directory, a subdirectory of the MySQL Server installation directory.
    7. In the tree view, open Linker, General, Additional Library Directories.
    8. Add the lib/opt directory into the Additional Library Directories text field. This enables the library file libmysql.lib to be found.

Please refer to here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22287335/connecting-mysql-with-c-c-sharp-in-visual-studio which is different from connecting MySQL database to c# project.

Could you please provide your steps in detail?

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:12 AM