none
How to Investigate and Fix Dependency Chains RRS feed

• Question

• I have a package that is currently running but is displaying the following warning message:

Warning: 0x80049305 at Data Flow Task, SSIS.Pipeline: The package contains data flow components with multiple inputs. Run-time dependencies that exist among these components may increase memory usage and reduce performance. Consider removing the dependency chain for the following component IDs and output IDs: 1790(1851) 667(671) 1890(1915) 680(752) , to improve performance.

How do I go about investigating and removing the dependency chain for the listed component and output IDs? I can't seem to locate them.

Thanks!

Friday, March 7, 2014 9:12 PM

All replies

• the phrase "data flow components with multiple inputs" is the key

I imagine you have such a case where you feed multiple inputs.

If you show us a picture of the package somebody would point you out to it.

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 2:14 AM
  • Unfortunately, you can't realistically take any action on that message.

First, the message is trying to tell you that you have components such as a Merge Join in your data flow.  Inherently, those components perform "poorly" because they have to match two streams of data to each other, which may or may not arrive at the inputs at the same time (causing one input to provide back-pressure, possibly pausing an input, or accumulating buffers in memory). SSIS is trying to tell you to use components that don't do that... which can be not very actionable at all, if you really need to do that transformation.

Second, the IDs that it's reporting to you are all generated at runtime, and aren't saved into the file at all.  So you're mostly completely out of luck.  The only way to find those IDs is to have a runtime component report them to you - which means inserting Script components into the flow, with fairly complex code.  And... there's no guarantees that the IDs remain static/constant between runs.  What it's identifying as ID "1790" this run could appear as "1845" next run...

Not a great diagnosis or debugging experience, for sure.

Todd McDermid's Blog Talk to me now on

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:02 PM