none
Format function not recognized RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo,

I have the following expression in a MS <g class="gr_ gr_18 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="18" id="18">Accessquery</g>: Format([Date];"mmm").

When I run the query, Access gives an error message: Undefined function 'Format' in expression.

I have searched far and wide and it seems that Format is a legal function in MS Access.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

<g class="gr_ gr_17 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="17" id="17">Phlip</g>

• Edited by Driep01 Saturday, January 20, 2018 5:34 PM Still additional characters added to my text
    Saturday, January 20, 2018 5:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Driep01,

From your description of the thread, It's looks like you have some issue with line below.

Format([Date];"mmm")

I try to check it in MS Access.

I find that there is syntax error.

You had used the ';' instead of ','.

Below is the correct way to use Format Function.

SELECT  Format('1/22/2018',"mmm") As FormattedDate;

Output:

Reference:

Format Function

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 22, 2018 5:35 AM
  • Hi Driep01,

Is your issue solved?

I find that you did not follow up this thread after posting the issue.

If your issue is solved then I suggest you to post your solution and mark it as an answer.

If your issue is still exist then try to refer the solution given by the community members.

If then also you have any further questions then let us know about it.

We will try to provide further suggestions to solve the issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 26, 2018 7:54 AM