Users not being able to buy the game RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Recently I've been receiving complaints from (Spanish-speaking) users stating that the game doesn't allow them to buy it. Since I wasn't able to reproduce this problem on my Windows Phone and apparently the game is still generating revenue, I wonder if there is any chance that experts here help me locate the issue...

My game is called Eyez and it can be found via the link below:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/eyez/fbba3d5e-3ac9-4ae4-a675-707c57916bac

Thanks very much in advance! =)

Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:11 PM

All replies

• Did you upload Game rating certificates for these users' Conutry ?

在現實生活中,你和誰在一起的確很重要,甚至能改變你的成長軌跡,決定你的人生成敗。 和什麼樣的人在一起,就會有什麼樣的人生。 和勤奮的人在一起,你不會懶惰; 和積極的人在一起,你不會消沈; 與智者同行,你會不同凡響; 與高人為伍,你能登上巔峰。

Saturday, November 1, 2014 7:27 AM
  • I don't believe that would matter - the app would fail certification if it didn't have the appropriate certificates.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Saturday, November 1, 2014 12:11 PM
  • Can you provide more information about this? What happens when they try to buy? Is the app definitely published to their country/region (e.g. they could be clicking a link from a website that takes them to a different region's store, which then won't let them buy).

The best way to solve this is to get the actual error message(s). It sounds like the players are able to download the trial but not purchase the full version. Is that correct?

When you say Spanish-speaking do you know what country(ies) they are in? Spain, Mexico, Argentina, etc. It might help if you can find a pattern (e.g. only users from Spain or all users with phones set to a particular language variant - I assume these countries use different variations just as the UK, Australia, USA, etc. use different English variants).

You can check your download/purchase stats from those countries and see if any users have been able to successfully purchase the full version.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Saturday, November 1, 2014 12:19 PM
  • I don't believe that would matter - the app would fail certification if it didn't have the appropriate certificates.

I remember it will pass app certificatie, but not shown in that market without game rating cetification.

在現實生活中,你和誰在一起的確很重要,甚至能改變你的成長軌跡,決定你的人生成敗。 和什麼樣的人在一起,就會有什麼樣的人生。 和勤奮的人在一起,你不會懶惰; 和積極的人在一起,你不會消沈; 與智者同行,你會不同凡響; 與高人為伍,你能登上巔峰。

Saturday, November 1, 2014 12:32 PM
  • Can you provide more information about this? What happens when they try to buy? Is the app definitely published to their country/region (e.g. they could be clicking a link from a website that takes them to a different region's store, which then won't let them buy).

The best way to solve this is to get the actual error message(s). It sounds like the players are able to download the trial but not purchase the full version. Is that correct?

When you say Spanish-speaking do you know what country(ies) they are in? Spain, Mexico, Argentina, etc. It might help if you can find a pattern (e.g. only users from Spain or all users with phones set to a particular language variant - I assume these countries use different variations just as the UK, Australia, USA, etc. use different English variants).

You can check your download/purchase stats from those countries and see if any users have been able to successfully purchase the full version.

Hi pumpkinszwan,

Thanks for the reply! The complaints are all from Mexico, I believe. Here are a few or them:

"No deja comprar el juego"

"me gusto, pero no me deja comprarlo"

"Muy divertido pero no me deja comprarlo."

(I myself don't speak Spanish -- I use the MS Translator)

And yes, they were able to download the trial but apparently were not able to purchase the full version.

I checked the download and purchase stats, and found that there have been purchases from Mexico. Probably this has something to do with stuff like carrier billing?

Sunday, November 2, 2014 3:01 PM

I remember it will pass app certificatie, but not shown in that market without game rating cetification.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply! I just checked, and my game is available in Mexico:

http://www.windowsphone.com/es-mx/store/app/eyez/fbba3d5e-3ac9-4ae4-a675-707c57916bac

Sunday, November 2, 2014 3:03 PM