How to get Visual Studio 2017 - Community Edition to use IIS Manager installed on Windows 10 instead of IIS express during debugging RRS feed

• Question

• User2015884762 posted

Hi,

How do I configure VS to start any web forms using IIS manager installed on Windows 10 instead of opening the IIS Express every time I tried to use the start with or without debugging option?

Sunday, November 18, 2018 4:27 PM

Answers

• User61956409 posted

Hi callykalpana,

How do I configure VS to start any web forms using IIS manager installed on Windows 10 instead of opening the IIS Express every time I tried to use the start with or without debugging option?

Firstly, please make sure you meet the requirements for local IIS debugging.

- Select Development time IIS support when installing Visual Studio. (If necessary, rerun the Visual Studio Installer, select Modify, and add this component.)
    - Be running Visual Studio as an administrator.
    - Install and correctly configure IIS with the appropriate version(s) of ASP.NET and/or ASP.NET Core. For more information and instructions, see IIS 8.0 Using ASP.NET 3.5 and ASP.NET 4.5 or Host ASP.NET Core on Windows with IIS.
    - Make sure the app runs on IIS without errors.

Besides, to debug app with local IIS, please refer to this article to modify preconfigured settings.

With Regards,

Fei Han

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 19, 2018 8:16 AM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi callykalpana,

Firstly, please make sure you meet the requirements for local IIS debugging.

- Select Development time IIS support when installing Visual Studio. (If necessary, rerun the Visual Studio Installer, select Modify, and add this component.)
    - Be running Visual Studio as an administrator.
    - Install and correctly configure IIS with the appropriate version(s) of ASP.NET and/or ASP.NET Core. For more information and instructions, see IIS 8.0 Using ASP.NET 3.5 and ASP.NET 4.5 or Host ASP.NET Core on Windows with IIS.
    - Make sure the app runs on IIS without errors.

Besides, to debug app with local IIS, please refer to this article to modify preconfigured settings.

With Regards,

Fei Han

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, November 19, 2018 8:16 AM
  • User2015884762 posted

Hi Fei Han

Thank you, it is working perfectly fine now.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:07 AM