PowerPivot Licensing RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone please point me to PowerPivot licensing (I can't find it) or answer this question, or should I post in SQL forum?

Reading the SQL 2008 R2 RTM BOL PowerPivot section, I see that PowerPivot for SharePoint has WFE and Service Application components and must be installed on the SP2010 server. (Which is why I posted here not SQL forum.) Do we need a second SQL Server license for the PowerPivot install? That's another MSRP $28,000! (In addition to the already necessary cost of SQL 2008 R2 Enterprise license for the SQL server and two SP2010 server licenses (one for the SQL Server for SSRS in SP integrated mode so can join SSRS server to farm) and SP2010 standard + enterprise CALs for all users.)

Thanks,

jremmc

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 12:41 AM

Answers

• For starters, here's a link with some info and contact information about licenses:

http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/pricing.aspx

I apologize for the lateness of getting back to you, but we do have a PowerPivot forum that is more closely monitored by the PowerPivot community (this one is more closely monitored by SharePoint). Let me know if you need the link to the PowerPivot forum.

I might come back here and add more information if I receive find direct data about your request. Thanks!

Ed
    Monday, February 7, 2011 7:59 PM

All replies