none
Sequential convoy produces infinite number of messages. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I really need some help with this. I have tried to follow an example on sequential convoy

I have created an singleton orchestration wich gets a message from an MSMQ(this recieve shape activates the orchestration, and the correlation set).  I then have an eternal loop(true == true)  with a <scope> wich calls a webservice and get's a response and then sends the output message to folder. <scope/>

After the scopes catch i have a new  recieve shape that is following the correlation set and recieves a new message.

My problem is that i only had one message in my queue(MSMQ). But the orchestration uses this message again and again and again in a infinite loop.

Does anyone have a clue why this is happening? Am i using it wrong?

The reason to why i have made it this way, is to get one and one message from the msmq so that all messages is processed sequential(very important).

I appreciate all answers!

Br. Kim Atle Norén
    Monday, May 23, 2011 11:00 AM

Answers

• Hi Kim,

Can you provide some more details about your orchestration. What steps are executed in the catch block of <scope>?

Please check it could be that correlation type defined is too generic. Are you receiving un-typed messages using the receive shapes.

Run your orchestration and try to debug it to check the details of the message you are receiving again and again. If you are not using any kind of logging then this is the only option you have.

Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if My Reply Does, Regards, -Rohit
    Sunday, May 29, 2011 7:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Kim,

From above description I can't find anything wrong. You want to say that you have only one message in MSMQ and your orchestration is receiving it again and again. If yes then make sure:-

·         You are not receiving any error in event log regarding the deletion of message from Queue after receiving it i.e. the service account used for host has appropriate rights to delete the message.

·         You are not sending the message received from the Queue to message box say to an archive location through a send port.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 3:56 PM
  • Hi Kim,

If there is something wrong with first message it will be placed back to queue, but not at the end of the queue but at the beginning. So it will keep picking the message up see that there is something wrong place it back and pick it up again. Even if you have multiple messages on queue this behavior occurs as well.Like Rohit point out you need to check the event log or other pointers he mentions.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:47 PM
  • Hi Kim,

If there is something wrong with first message it will be placed back to queue, but not at the end of the queue but at the beginning. So it will keep picking the message up see that there is something wrong place it back and pick it up again. Even if you have multiple messages on queue this behavior occurs as well.Like Rohit point out you need to check the event log or other pointers he mentions.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk

Are you certain that it picks up the message from the queue continusouly

I would use the tracking db to see if there is a circular routing issue happening

You can also use the tracking database to see for sure when messages are coming in... so if they are from the queue, you can narrow it down to that

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:47 PM
  • Hi!

The message produces no message in the event log.

The message fails, but it's a std soapfault from the webservice. Not a read/delete from the queue.

Br. Kim Atle Norén
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 6:07 AM
  • Hi Kim,

Can you provide some more details about your orchestration. What steps are executed in the catch block of <scope>?

Please check it could be that correlation type defined is too generic. Are you receiving un-typed messages using the receive shapes.

Run your orchestration and try to debug it to check the details of the message you are receiving again and again. If you are not using any kind of logging then this is the only option you have.

Sunday, May 29, 2011 7:26 AM