Does anyone have a workflow example that uses an existing InfoPath template ? RRS feed

• Question

• design and implement a workflow in MOSS 2007 environment, I have VS2005, InfoPath2003, Sharepoint Designer 2007, SQL 2005. Ideally an example of using existing InfoPath template, with some approve/reject buttons to trigger workflow in Sharepoint with Email notice through outlook.

Thanks in advance.
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, November 23, 2008 9:23 AM Subject asked for a simple workflow example while actually asking in the question for a specific kind of workflow example
    Saturday, November 22, 2008 9:44 PM

Answers

•  What you are asking for (as it involves InfoPath) is hardly a "simple and good workflow example".

So I'm amending the subject to be more specific.

With your setup (and I would be VERY careful about having InfoPath *2003* on the same client machine as SPD 2007) you can have various different kinds of workflows.

The very simplest would be one using the 3 step workflow that is one of the MOSS 2007 standard workflows.

The next simplest would probably be one of the other standard MOSS workflows.

Then using SPD's wizard to create a workflow is straightforward.

Using VS 2005 to create a workflow is more powerful but isn't "simple".

Adding InfoPath to the mix doesn't make things easier.....

Sunday, November 23, 2008 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

To add Mike’s points, I would like suggest you to look at the topic: InfoPath Forms for Workflows (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms573938.aspx) and its subtopics.

It may not resolve your issue directly, but it should be some good references to be started.

-lambert

Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 3:51 AM

All replies

•  What you are asking for (as it involves InfoPath) is hardly a "simple and good workflow example".

So I'm amending the subject to be more specific.

With your setup (and I would be VERY careful about having InfoPath *2003* on the same client machine as SPD 2007) you can have various different kinds of workflows.

The very simplest would be one using the 3 step workflow that is one of the MOSS 2007 standard workflows.

The next simplest would probably be one of the other standard MOSS workflows.

Then using SPD's wizard to create a workflow is straightforward.

Using VS 2005 to create a workflow is more powerful but isn't "simple".

Adding InfoPath to the mix doesn't make things easier.....

Sunday, November 23, 2008 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

To add Mike’s points, I would like suggest you to look at the topic: InfoPath Forms for Workflows (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms573938.aspx) and its subtopics.

It may not resolve your issue directly, but it should be some good references to be started.

-lambert

Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 3:51 AM