Relative positioning RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I need to do a relative positioning of a text box w.r.to a matrix. For ex, I have a text box which has the text "Customer Consumptions details". In the Matrix columns for some customer there are only 3 months, for some there are 6 months and for some there are 12 months (number of month for a customer can be anything from 1 to 12). In all this scenarios, the text box should be always be in the center of the matrix.

Kindly suggest how to implement it.

Cheers

Jim

Monday, April 17, 2017 2:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Jim,

Regarding your requirement, if we apply the text box, it will not be always located in the middle of the matrix with the expanding of matrix. However, as a workaround, we can put the “Customer Consumption details” in the row of a table, and center the text, which will achieve the same effect. Below are my steps: 

Step1: Create a matrix

Step2: Insert a table, at the same time delete the detailed row and add a static row above, making the table look like as below: 

Step 3: Place the matrix in the bottom row of the table, and type ”Customer Consumption Details” in the first row and center the text. 

When we preview, the “Customer Consumption Details” will be located in the middle of the matrix. 

Also, If we set parameters and render customer A,B,C one by one, the “Customer Consumption Details” will always appear in the center. 

And if you don’t want the border around the header, we can set the first table cell borderstyle to “None”:

Then it looks just like the effect of a textbox. 

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,
    Henry 

• Proposed as answer by Henry Jiang Thursday, April 20, 2017 4:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jim123456789jim Monday, May 15, 2017 7:25 AM
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Jim,

Regarding your requirement, if we apply the text box, it will not be always located in the middle of the matrix with the expanding of matrix. However, as a workaround, we can put the “Customer Consumption details” in the row of a table, and center the text, which will achieve the same effect. Below are my steps: 

Step1: Create a matrix

Step2: Insert a table, at the same time delete the detailed row and add a static row above, making the table look like as below: 

Step 3: Place the matrix in the bottom row of the table, and type ”Customer Consumption Details” in the first row and center the text. 

When we preview, the “Customer Consumption Details” will be located in the middle of the matrix. 

Also, If we set parameters and render customer A,B,C one by one, the “Customer Consumption Details” will always appear in the center. 

And if you don’t want the border around the header, we can set the first table cell borderstyle to “None”:

Then it looks just like the effect of a textbox. 

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,
    Henry 

• Proposed as answer by Henry Jiang Thursday, April 20, 2017 4:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jim123456789jim Monday, May 15, 2017 7:25 AM
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 8:02 AM
  • Hi Jim, 

May I know how is this issue going currently?

If your issue is solved please mark the appropriate answer as Mark as answer. This will help other members to find a solution if they face the same issue.
    Thanks for your understanding and support.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Henry 

Friday, April 21, 2017 10:00 AM