running Crystal Report from a dll RRS feed

• Question

• User-1765513424 posted

We have a Visual Studio C# project that contains some Crystal Reports, and is compiled as a DLL.  I want to run those reports for debugging purposes.

I've set up another project that references the DLL, and created an *.aspx page to call the report but I keep getting parser error messages, because it won't recognise the CodeFile/CodeBehind from another project. I'm not getting anywhere on google, can someone point me in the right direction?  Does anyone know of a tutorial somewhere that explains how this is done, step by step?

Thanks.

Monday, April 16, 2018 10:09 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

At the very minimum you'll need to provide the error.  Is the DLL from a library created in another project?  Does the DLL work in the other project?

Monday, April 16, 2018 10:29 AM
  • User-1765513424 posted

The DLL was created in another project (which I have no sight of, but I'm told does work).  

I suppose what I'm asking for is if anyone knows of a step by step guide to how you would run a Crystal Report from a DLL, because at the moment it's all guesswork and so I'm getting many and varied error messages.  Google hasn't turned up anything specific enough, unfortunately.

Thanks

Monday, April 16, 2018 10:51 AM
  • User475983607 posted

At a minimum we need the error message.  "varied error message" is not specific enough to make a guess.  You might as well as ask "How long is the string?".

The DLL was created in another project (which I have no sight of, but I'm told does work).  

If you were told the custom DLL works then I would go back to the folks that gave you this information and ask for clarification.

Monday, April 16, 2018 11:03 AM