How do I get the source code of all the windows store app API?

Question

• Hi ,

I want to see the implementation of some of the windows store app APIs. How can i do that?

Thanks

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 7:25 AM

Answers

• You can debug your own code, not the source code for the WinRT APIs. if you have a problem with the APIs themselves, you can open a support case or a new post on this forum.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:11 PM
  • This is about debug into the Source Code of the .Net Framework class library. I'm not sure if it applies to the .Net only components you use above the WinRT in case you build a CLR based application but most of the WinRT APIs are implemented in native code and you can't step into them with the debugger.

Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:01 AM

All replies

• You can't.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:15 PM
  • I want to debug my store app. I want to get deeper inside the APIs , till its native functionality.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:05 AM
  • You can debug your own code, not the source code for the WinRT APIs. if you have a problem with the APIs themselves, you can open a support case or a new post on this forum.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:11 PM
  • Thanks for the quick reply.

Could you please tell me what sort of debugging does this link talk about : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/cc667410.aspx

Thanks

Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:06 AM
  • This is about debug into the Source Code of the .Net Framework class library. I'm not sure if it applies to the .Net only components you use above the WinRT in case you build a CLR based application but most of the WinRT APIs are implemented in native code and you can't step into them with the debugger.

Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:01 AM
  • Thank you very much.
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:19 AM
  • Oliver is correct. .NET code has been released, but WinRT code is not.

Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:15 PM