Performance Problem RRS feed

• Question

• User-1811024011 posted

Hi,

I'm facing some critical issue. I will tell where i'm facing problem. One Page which contains more than 150 Controls say Text box and Labels only. Data Entry form( Telerik Tabbed Format). Only one button is there Save. When we click save it will insert in to Database Table (Sql Server 2008).  When data is already there then it will update. I need to know what are all the Ways that i can increase my code Performance. It is taking nearly 30 sec to load complete page (Not leading to Time Out Expired issue any way ). If some one faced some article based on Code Optimization and Performance Tuning , and you felt that article is really good, please post link also. Will be helpful for me. 

Thanks in Advance

Monday, January 24, 2011 2:03 AM

All replies

• User-1475805587 posted

Hi
    If you are using viewstate then remove those. Use SQL procedures and most imprtant one if you can put your
    existing record update and insert script in the single Stored proceduer. And for loading the controls in your page you can
    create on demand loading of controls  not all together in a single instance.
    Hope this will help you.

Monday, January 24, 2011 4:59 AM
  • User-2139489267 posted

ne Page which contains more than 150 Controls say Text box and Labels only

That's too much. I think you should disable viewstate of the controls and rather than using Lable, you should use Literal control which will simply rendered as text. If you use Lable, it will be rendered as SPAN.

Please check out more detail about Viewstate here. Read the whole article, you'll learn something important.

As you have so many controls, you can use Wizard control in Asp.net to collect data from user.

One benifit is only current wizard step controls will be rendered and and make your page lightweight.

Monday, January 24, 2011 5:11 AM