none
Linq problem : how to manipulation data with stored procedures ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    i have sample linq app, in Object Relational Deigner Surface i have some tables and i want change CRUD operations of each entity to stored procedures, but when i selec an entity, the Default Methods (Insert,Update,Delete) is disabled. where does my problem and how to solve this ?
    this is my Signature
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 8:52 PM

Answers

• You will have to drag stored procedures from the Server Explorer onto your design surface. (It's the pane on the right that says "Create methods by dragging items from Server Explorer onto this design surface.") Once there you'll be able to map your insert, update, and delete operations to stored procedures.

• Marked as answer by Hamed_1983 Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:25 AM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 3:14 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• It is not clear what you want to achieve???!!!

However, make sure for any functionality related to LINQ, you have included System.Linq namespace.

thanks,
    Viral.
    Monday, May 11, 2009 5:41 AM
  • Hi Viral
    if u look at this Image, the Insert,Update & Delete action is disabled in Properties > Default Method section.
    this is my Signature
    Monday, May 11, 2009 4:34 PM
  • You will have to drag stored procedures from the Server Explorer onto your design surface. (It's the pane on the right that says "Create methods by dragging items from Server Explorer onto this design surface.") Once there you'll be able to map your insert, update, and delete operations to stored procedures.

• Marked as answer by Hamed_1983 Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:25 AM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 3:14 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks David.
    this is my Signature
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:26 AM