Unable to add reference of Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.Dll to my webapplication RRS feed

• Question

• User-899197698 posted

Hi

Sorry I am new to Microsoft ApplicationBlocks and Enterprise Librabry in .Net.I am using Vs2008 and I need to add the Microsoft. ApplicationBlocks.data

dll to my webproject. I have installed the DataAccessApplicationBlock.msi and Enterprise Librabry 4.1-October 2008. But I am still unable to add the reference. Can anyone explain please?Also what is the difference between the two and in which situations we use?Pls explain with example.

thanks

guyind

Friday, October 30, 2009 1:13 PM

Answers

• User-627724879 posted

The DAAB is part of the Enterprise Library, but I guess can be install separately.

So to the reference issue. Are you trying to add a reference to it from the GAC or are you trying to reference the dlls directly?

If you application is .NET 2.0 for example you will most likely have issues referencing the latest version because it is .NET 3.5. You would need to get an older version of the DAAB. 

You can find the dlls for the Enterprise library in the folder it was installed. You should see a src folder or something like that with a solution of all the source code. If you did not build them during installation you can just open the solution and build them yourself.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 30, 2009 1:52 PM

All replies

• User-627724879 posted

The DAAB is part of the Enterprise Library, but I guess can be install separately.

So to the reference issue. Are you trying to add a reference to it from the GAC or are you trying to reference the dlls directly?

If you application is .NET 2.0 for example you will most likely have issues referencing the latest version because it is .NET 3.5. You would need to get an older version of the DAAB. 

You can find the dlls for the Enterprise library in the folder it was installed. You should see a src folder or something like that with a solution of all the source code. If you did not build them during installation you can just open the solution and build them yourself.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 30, 2009 1:52 PM
  • User-899197698 posted

Hi there, I am not trying to add a reference from the GAC. I just followed the procedure given in the url

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/database/MS_Application_Blocks.aspx.  As I said I am installing the DAAB 2.0 into a .net3.5 framework.Pls let me know the correct solution.

Friday, October 30, 2009 3:37 PM