none
Unable to login to report an issue VS 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• VS 2019 16.4.2
    Windows 10 Professional

1st popup
    We could not refresh the credentials for the account
    AADSTS50132: The session is not valid due to the following reasons:
    password expiration or recent password change. SSO artifact is invalid or expired session is not fresh enough for application, or a silent sign-in request was sent but the user's session with Azure AD is invalid or has expired.

TraceID: 04f63eb9-4645-49e4-95b9-c4695312a000
    Correlation ID: 0eedbfe1-ebdd-4edb-8e72-8159745c7b05
    Timestamp: 2020-10-13-22:41:00Z

2nd popup

Visual Studio Access
    Sorry, We ran into a problem
    Access to the path 'C:\Users\Laura\AppData\Local\.IdentityService\V2AccountStore.json' is denied.]

I have deleted the files under Identity service per another article I saw and tried again.  It does not work... I see this message when I go to try to report a problem.... Note:  I am using VS to signin

Error signing in: '{"code":-32000,"message":"Access to the path 'C:\\Users\\Laura\\AppData\\Local\\.IdentityService\\V2AccountStore.json' is denied.","data":{"stack":" at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)\r\n at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)\r\n at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)\r\n at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync)\r\n at Microsoft.Developer.IdentityService.StorageService.FileAccountStorage.<>c__DisplayClass19_0.<<WriteAccountsAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at Microsoft.Developer.IdentityService.StorageService.StorageServiceImpl.<>c__DisplayClass40_0.<<MutateStoreAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at Microsoft.Developer.IdentityService.SharedUtilities.<ExecuteWithinLockAsync>d__35.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at Microsoft.Developer.IdentityService.StorageService.StorageServiceImpl.<MutateStoreAsync>d__40.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at Microsoft.Developer.IdentityService.StorageService.StorageServiceImpl.<UpdateStateAsync>d__27.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)\r\n at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)\r\n at Microsoft.Developer.IdentityService.StorageService.StorageService.<UpdateStateAsync>d__13.MoveNext()","code":"-2147024891"}}
    Problem signing in? Please try signing in using Visual Studio.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 2:13 AM

All replies

• Hi serene_cat,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to 1st popup message, it seems to be related to sign in Azure AD(Azure Active Directory), I need your help to confirm this and if yes, I will help you to move/redirect to corresponding forum for more professional help.

And about 2nd popup message, I think it’s about registering VS and report a problem. I suggest you could follow below suggestions/steps to troubleshoot.

#1. If you could open Visual Studio Installer, please open it and click “Provide Feedback” button at the top right corner -> Report a problem -> in the newly opened window select “sign in” and try to sign in your VS account to see if it works this time.

#2. If you still could not sign in, please try to open “Blend for Visual Studio 2019”, and sign in with your VS account this time.

#3. If you could start VS IDE or at the register page you could see Check for an updated license (maybe you choose “Not now, maybe later.” or other conditions), please select Help -> Register Product -> click “Check for an updated license” and try to sign in.

Hope all above could help you and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 9:37 AM
  • Thank you for the quick response..  I had also piggybacked   on another post that looks like they had the same issue.   Someone responded... but just to note.. in case someone else comes across this.

I was able to login via the installer...

VS blend has the same issue as VS 2019

I checked for the updated license on Sunday.... I have the community addition. The license is current.

At this point, I am going to wait to see what they say.. I have provided them with all the information.

Thanks so much.  :)

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 11:36 PM