Managing lists of users from Webform template code RRS feed

• Question

• User739799640 posted

The template code doesn't provide any sort of administrative functions for managing user login information. Sort of seems like missing functionality to me, but oh well. 

Does anyone know of sample / shared / open source code for maintaining the list of users on an ASP.NET 4.5 site using the Identity OWIN 2.0 model? Specifically, listing users, allowing for editing of users, deleting users, and assigning roles. 

Thanks

Friday, September 5, 2014 6:51 PM

Answers

• User-1538479794 posted

Hi kevinro

Does anyone know of sample / shared / open source code for maintaining the list of users on an ASP.NET 4.5 site using the Identity OWIN 2.0 model? Specifically, listing users, allowing for editing of users, deleting users, and assigning roles. 

As far as I know, if you want to manager users information, I think you could use the GridView control and you could edit 、delete、sort and so on.

If I misunderstsand what you said, please hesitate to let me know.

Best Regards,

May

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 1:43 AM

All replies

• User-1538479794 posted

Hi kevinro

As far as I know, if you want to manager users information, I think you could use the GridView control and you could edit 、delete、sort and so on.

Best Regards,

May

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 1:43 AM
  • User739799640 posted

Hi kevinro

Best Regards,

May

Thank you for your reply. I was looking to see if anyone had already done the work to create the forms and code to display the user database, the roles database, and to assign available roles to users. It appears that the answer was no. I was surprised it wasn't part of the default template code. 

I ended up writing my own this morning. While it wasn't a huge job (took 4 or 5 hours), it just seemed like functionality that others might have written. 

I appreciate your help.

Kevin

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 2:12 AM