Constant intermitten Compilation Error when debugging webforms RRS feed

• Question

• User-101335254 posted

Hi All,

Just got set up with Windows 8.1 and Visual Studio 2013. I am working on an existing project that is currently set to use .NET 4.0 (not my choice, but stuck there right now).

I'd say about 1/3 of the time I get a message like this:

Honestly don't know why. It happens after I've done at least one debug session. Any subsequent build and refreshing of the page may cause the above error. Closing the page, rebuilding and the such MAY move past it. Most of the time I have to kill the IIS Express server or a full clean/rebuild.

Note: I have tried deleting the temp folders manually, restarting and the such. I think I have tried all of the recommendations I have found in the very few solutions found in different forums. I haven't tried reinstalling yet. About to give that a go.

Any ideas what may be causing this and possible resolutions? Not sure what else I can provide that might help, so please let me know.

AFTERTHOUGHT: this project I am having issues with was originally created in vs2008, I believe, and has been ported to 2012 and now 2013. might this be a problem? hmm...

NEW EDIT: discovered that using IISExpress in VS2012 produces the same error. This seems to be the crux of it.

Monday, October 28, 2013 1:46 PM

Answers