Remote smoke testing...where is UITestActionLog.html? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I'm running remote smoke tests after each deployment. Where can I find the UITestActionLog.html file on the remote server after the tests? If I use a third party tool to convert the trx file, the results don't look like the UITestActionLog.html file that is created when I run the tests locally in VS. I was hoping I could get the UITestActionLog.html file from the remote tests. The testers are used to that format and I don't want to change that for them. Thanks.
    Monday, May 9, 2016 2:24 PM

Answers

• Hi  Andrejs_M,

I test it in my VS2013 machine, I install the test agent in another machine, and then enable the log for coded UI test.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj159363(v=vs.120).aspx

I found that it has no the UITestActionLog.html file in the test result folder if we use the test agent(I just got a Png file in the test result folder in VS machine), but it really has UITestActionLog.html  file if we just run the test locally without test agent.

I also search this file in my Test Agent machine, it really has no UITestActionLog.html file. It just has the deployment files under C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\VSEQT\QTAgent.

So my understanding is that it has no that file if we run the coded UI test remotely.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 9:54 AM