Downloaded Global Address List does not download all fields RRS feed

• Question

• I have my Global Address List from the Exchange Server linked into an Access 2003 database. (Will not link to Access 2007, 2010 format).  There is one field (TITLE) that appears in the structure of the linked table but the data for that field is not downloaded.  When I look at the Global Address List in Outlook, the TITLE field is populated with the appropriate data.  How can I get the data from the TITLE field into the Access linked table?
    • Edited by kay_some Thursday, February 5, 2015 5:04 PM
    Thursday, February 5, 2015 5:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Kay_some,

>>I have my Global Address List from the Exchange Server linked into an Access 2003 database. (Will not link to Access 2007, 2010 format). There is one field (TITLE) that appears in the structure of the linked table but the data for that field is not downloaded. <<

If I understood correctly, the data of TITLE filed didn't download in Access 2003. Also as far as I tested, this field works well in Access 2013.

Since the support and updates for Office 2003 is no longer available. Office 2003 products no longer receive the following:

• Assisted support

• Online content updates

• Software updates from Microsoft Update

• Security updates to help protect your PC from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software, which can steal your personal information.

To get more powfull experience about using Access, I suggest that you update it to the latest version.

In addtion, this forum is for developers discussing developing issues about Access, if you have issues about end-user, you can get more effective response from Microsoft Office TechNet or Office Microsoft Commnity forum.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 6, 2015 9:56 AM
  • Hello Fei,

I found out that the Exchange Support team blocked the TITLE field so that it could not be included in the linked Global Address List.  We were able to use VBA code to access GAL and download the Titles.

• Marked as answer by kay_some Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:03 PM
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Kay_some,

>>I have my Global Address List from the Exchange Server linked into an Access 2003 database. (Will not link to Access 2007, 2010 format). There is one field (TITLE) that appears in the structure of the linked table but the data for that field is not downloaded. <<

If I understood correctly, the data of TITLE filed didn't download in Access 2003. Also as far as I tested, this field works well in Access 2013.

Since the support and updates for Office 2003 is no longer available. Office 2003 products no longer receive the following:

• Assisted support

• Online content updates

• Software updates from Microsoft Update

• Security updates to help protect your PC from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software, which can steal your personal information.

To get more powfull experience about using Access, I suggest that you update it to the latest version.

In addtion, this forum is for developers discussing developing issues about Access, if you have issues about end-user, you can get more effective response from Microsoft Office TechNet or Office Microsoft Commnity forum.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, February 6, 2015 9:56 AM
  • The database was created in Access 2010.  However, the format is Access 2003.  I have since been able to download the Exchange Global Address List into Access 2010 format.  However, the TITLE field still does not populate.  Is there some code workaround to this?
    • Edited by kay_some Friday, February 20, 2015 6:17 PM
    Friday, February 20, 2015 6:17 PM
  • Hi kay_some,

>> Is there some code workaround to this?<<

I don't think there is a code workaround since the link feature is provided by Access product. I suggest that you use the latest format if it is possible.

If it is not possible, as a workaround you can consider to create a new Access 2010 format database to import the Exchange Global Address list and link the data in the Access 2010 format database from old format database.

Regards & Fei

Monday, March 2, 2015 3:24 AM
  • Hello Fei,

I found out that the Exchange Support team blocked the TITLE field so that it could not be included in the linked Global Address List.  We were able to use VBA code to access GAL and download the Titles.

• Marked as answer by kay_some Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:03 PM
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:02 PM