none
VS 2015

Question

• We have a project of social Networking site. We are building it in vs 2012 licences version.. 

I want to move to vs 2015 to use new features .. with the same project .. How much changes i have to do to move t to 2015 .. On my server do i have to need any changes ..

I am bit confused and scared if thing happened wrong if we start coding on Vs2015 and some thing went wrong then the site may break...

Please ensure me if any changes do developer needs to do ....

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Pramit Jain

Monday, December 21, 2015 5:45 AM

Answers

All replies

• You're asking about project migration in Visual Studio in the forum for .NET Framework setup.

I suggest you repost your question here for best suggestions:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/visualstudiogeneral/threads

Monday, December 21, 2015 10:37 PM
  • Hi Pramit Jain ,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is discuss Visual Studio Setup and installation.

As your issue is related to visual studio general questions ,I help you move this case to Visual
    Studio general questions
    forum for dedicated support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Wen Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 7:01 AM
  • Hi Pramit Jain,

Thanks for your post.

Upgrading Visual Studio Projects. First you may need to consider the Compatibility of the Visual Studio.

You can refer to the following document:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh266747.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

And generally you can open your VS2012 project in Visual Studio 2015 directly with following steps:

1. In Visual Studio, on the File menu, click Open and then click Project.
    2. In the Open Project dialog box, select a project file, and then click Open
    3. Complete the Visual Studio Conversion Wizard.

I suggest you make a backup of your VS2012 project before upgrading your projects.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 2:51 AM