High resolution issue with SSRS (Microsoft Report viewer) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Winforms application (in Visual Studio 2015) that contains a Microsoft Report Viewer control that preview and prints report.

One user has 4K resolution monitor and when he runs the report it is shrunk to 2/3 size in microsoft report viewer control.

when I try to export this report into PDf it look proper.

The AutoScaleMode property of the form containing the Microsoft Report Viewer is set to "Font", although it doesn't seem to affect the report viewer if i change this.

I need some way to specify in the report viewer control itself that it should be rendered at 96dpi regardless of the system dpi setting. Is there any way to full-fill my purpose.

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 11:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Mayank Viroja

In SQL server reporting services (2016 and later) , it began  to support the high dpi , you could see more detailed information at :

What's new in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)

Windows 8.1 DPI Scaling Enhancements

High DPI and Windows 8.1

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 1:49 AM
  • Hi, Eric Liu

Thank for your rply :) but above link couldn't help me to solve my issue.

Monday, May 21, 2018 6:02 AM
  • Hi Mayank Viroja

Here is a case with similar issue you can refer:

Report Viewer - scaling issue with system DPI change

Best Regard,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 21, 2018 8:16 AM
  • Hi Eric Liu

I have already try this it would work for report viewer but whole application resolution is screwed up. Means font display in very tiny size and other controls are not display in proper position and size.

Monday, May 21, 2018 8:38 AM
  • Hi Mayank Viroja

As one of the articles I offered  said , if you use the 4k resolution, When you increase resolution you inherently decrease the size of each pixel (assuming same display size). By decreasing the size of each pixel the content shown on the display appears smaller.

So you should do the zoom operation , see more at : High resolution issue with SSRS (Microsoft Report viewer)

If you update you OS system to windows 8.1 or later , you could refer below for more help:

Fixing Tiny Text in Windows

Windows scaling issues for high-DPI devices

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:07 AM
  • Hi Eric Liu

First link which you sent was from other forums which I have posted for solution.

I don't want to change my OS font. I just want to change in report viewer so is there any way to change in report viewer control and its work in 4K resolution?

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 10:27 AM
  • Hi Mayank Viroja

You could use ReportViewer.ZoomMode Property to extend your report.

See more at : ReportViewer zoom percent by screen resolution

Also, you could post your issue to Visual Studio forum or ASP .NET forum for more help.

Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Friday, May 25, 2018 9:48 AM