none
.NET Framework issujes RRS feed

• Question

• I started getting this message when I turned my system on.

Could not load file or assembly 'sorttbls.nlp' or one of it's dependencies.The system cannot find the specified file.

I am running XP Pro version 2002 sp3.

I read where alot of other people were having similar issues and the fix was apparently to run dotnetfx_cleanup_tool and then re-install the .NET Framework.

I did exactly that but with no success.

Any help you can provide would much appreciated.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Screwtx,

Thank you for your post.

I've tried to search sorttbls.nlp file on my machine. It looks like one part of .NET Framework 2.0.

Please provide me more information on the version of .NET Frameworks on your machine.

Have you tried to remove .NET Framework 2.0 and reinstall it again on your machine?

Look forward to your reply.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:40 AM
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 11:18 AM

All replies

• Hi screwtx,

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you:

1, Which version (.net framework)  have you installed?

For your concern, we have some suggestions as below:

1, We could get the log files of .net Framework to trace the issue cause.

2, You could download Collect.exe, which could collect information during installing .net framework. The installation’s log files should help us to trace and solve quicker and exactly.

Hope this helps you! If you have any doubts and concerns, please feel free to let me know. We are going to continue to follow-up.

Axel Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 1, 2010 4:56 AM
  • Hi Screwtx,

Thank you for your post.

I've tried to search sorttbls.nlp file on my machine. It looks like one part of .NET Framework 2.0.

Please provide me more information on the version of .NET Frameworks on your machine.

Have you tried to remove .NET Framework 2.0 and reinstall it again on your machine?

Look forward to your reply.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Wednesday, July 7, 2010 2:40 AM
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 11:18 AM