Getting an Error stating "An item with the same key has already been added." when try to record a action using Coded UI Test Builder. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am recently migrated my Coded UI Test Project into Team foundation server. And I am using the Team Foundation Source Control with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate. I have mapped my Coded UI Test Project from my local machine into Team foundation Server and I am doing check in, check out daily.

Now I am facing an issue with the Coded UI Test Builder. After recording the actions, when try to Generate the Code using "Add and Generate button then I am getting the below error. I am not able to add actions into my UIMap file. I am using lot reusable actions in my UI map file. If I create new UIMap file then I have to rework for those reusable actions.

I have verified the UIMap.cs and .uitest files and it does not have any duplicate entries. Please let me know, any possible solution for this.

Note: I have installed the Visual Stusio SP 1. Still the issue exist.

Thanks,

Manikandan.

Thanks, Manikandan
    • Edited by Manikandan1981 Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:07 PM Adding a comment
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 7:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Manikandan,

We are aware of this issue and the future releases will have the fix for this issue.

There must be a control which is generating duplicate entry, can you please narrow down the control which is causing this issue? All you need to do is to rename that control to something else;  

Thanks

Aditya Kumar Agrawal (MSFT)
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Manikandan,

We are aware of this issue and the future releases will have the fix for this issue.

There must be a control which is generating duplicate entry, can you please narrow down the control which is causing this issue? All you need to do is to rename that control to something else;  

Thanks

Aditya Kumar Agrawal (MSFT)
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:22 AM
  • Hi,

I am facing the issue "An Item with same key has already been added" in codedUI for the first time.

I tried to find for the duplicate if i have added any before, but i have not found any.

i am trying to add proeprties for the first time and still i am getting this error.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Note: I have installed the Visual Stusio SP 1. Still the issue exist.

Thanks in Advance,

Bhargavi

Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:36 AM