Delay activity timeout duration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can workflow delay activity to be reinitialize with new TimeoutDuration , once it's already been initiated. I have scenario where task would be assigned to SP group when it's created. When group member will open the task, it will assign to him/her and 2 hour SLA would be required on it. I am using state machine workflow, because of that delay activity initiated when task created/assign to group.

I need either delay should initiated when user will pick up the task or when user will pickup it, i would reinitialize the activity with new time.

Thanks,

Sourabh K.

Saturday, October 15, 2011 4:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Sourabh,

Sorry for late response.

You can try to use Listen Activity if it can meet your requirement.

You can set a Listen Activity with multiple branches. This enable the workflow to wait for some response. And if the timeout occurs, the workflow is designed to take appropriate actions. Surrounding a Listen with a While activity enables the workflow to continue waiting until a certain condition is met. Inside the branches of the Listen activity, the condition is manipulated appropriately to continue waiting or to move on after the response that is wanted is received.

For more information, you can refer to this article:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee294452.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:28 AM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:28 AM