Please Help - Live Funeral/Memorial Webcast Set to Run Today - Not Working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

we've had a member of our organization pass earlier this week, and a live, online webcast has been set up, using a 3rd party hosting provider, in order to broadcast the memorial service for anyone to view over the internet.  Unfortunately, the test stream on this provider's website isn't working, which leads us to believe that no one in our organization (as we have a standard configuration) will be able to view the actual webcast.

Using MSIE8 on Windows 7, with a verified installation of Silverlight - the page loads, and the plugin appears but the video doesn't play.  We've had one person say that if they left it long enough it does in fact play, but I've had mine sitting here for over 10 minutes, and I have nothing.  We get the same results with FireFox, which is not our standard, but used as a test on my system.  Here is where it gets strange... if I View Source, and copy the Stream URL directly into Media Player, it works.

Also, if we connect directly to an internet connection (bypassing our corporate network) the stream loads in the webpage/plugin without issue.

Is there anyone that can tell me what the plugin may be doing differently, that Media Player may not?  Or what the SilverLight Media Player plugin may not like about our corporate network?

We have had our network team route the internet traffic to avoid our web filter, and are getting them to open all outgoing ports on our firewall to ensure that they are not interfering; however since Media Player (and Real Player which was tested in both the browser and the app itself) works, we don't believe this is the case in the first place.

I would appreciate anyone who can try to help us out, as we do not want this to be the reason that people cannot join in  celebrating the life of a dear friend and co-worker.

We do have several other solutions in the works, but if we could find the root cause of this problem, it would allow it to "just work" without the installation of other software, or having to get specific computers configured on our guest-wireless access in order to bypass our corporate settings.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

Friday, May 20, 2011 10:27 AM

Answers

• I suggest you use fiddler to check the request and response state, you may get more information there.

Also, you may check if clientaccesspolicy.xml is set properly.

• Marked as answer by MS_Convert Wednesday, January 18, 2017 2:52 PM
    Friday, May 27, 2011 6:16 AM