none
IMessage, IMethodMessage, IMethodCallMessage Interface Inheritance Structure RRS feed

• Question

• Three .NET Interface namely IMessage, IMethodMessage and IMethodCallMessage, but the interface relation between them are little confusing. IMethodMessage Interface is Inherited from IMessage Interface and then IMehtodCallMessage Interface are Inherited from the two Interfaces they are IMessage and IMethodMessage. My Question is that What is the need to Inherit IMessage to IMethodCallMessage because IMethodMessage already inherited from IMessage.

IMethodMessage : IMessage

and

IMethodCallMessage : IMessage, IMethodMessage

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:55 AM

Answers

• Hello ayanbhuin,

>> My Question is that What is the need to Inherit IMessage to IMethodCallMessage because IMethodMessage already inherited from IMessage.

In my opinion, this may be a designed feature and I think it is a good feature. For example, in your case, from the IMethodCallMessage interface below:

IMethodCallMessage : IMethodMessage, IMessage

We can easily know that that the IMethodCallMessage interface implements the IMethodMessage interface and the IMethodMessage interface implements IMessage interface. This makes the interface more readable.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:19 AM