Opening Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 Classic without WMDC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, I am pretty sure this is in the right place. Let me know if not. 

Scanner OS: CE OS 5.2.29315

I have a Motorola MC9190-G scanner and we currently use Windows Mobile Device Center to administer these devices. Which works just fine. Here in a few months I am going to be unable to use WMDC due to security issues and therefore I need a way to get into the file store on the device. I have tried many ways to pull up the device onto windows 10 and I have had no success without installing some form of WMDC. Please let me know if anyone has some form of an alternative to using WMDC. Any tips will be helpful.

Just for clarification, I don't need the fix for the 1709 update. I need a way to get into the scanner/s file store without WMDC.

Friday, March 2, 2018 2:32 PM

All replies

• Hi adecker794,

The overhead is higher but you could certainly use the developer tools and the Windows Mobile SDK.  The latest options are using cloud connectivity rather than a physical connection to keep devices in sync so you may want to look into those options.  If you are a developer yourself, you may want to look at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/iot-hub/iot-hub-device-sdk-c-intro  to see if you can customize it for your scenario.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Friday, March 2, 2018 5:44 PM
  • I'm looking for a physical connection and something that can easily be done to a network of 120+ computers to have access to said scanners. I am not a developer, therefore just essentially looking for a set of drivers to get theses scanners to communicate properly to the computers. Developing something would be great but it is way out of my lane. I will definitely have to look into what you suggested. 

Thank you for the information.

Friday, March 2, 2018 7:19 PM