VS 2013 Web Deploy failure: Socket error (10054) occurred RRS feed

• Question

• User905522691 posted

Hi

I'm trying to complete a web deploy to an Azure site but whilst updating the files I get warnings:

MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v12.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets(4270,5) Warning : Retrying the sync because a socket error (10054) occurred Retrying operation 'Serialization' on object sitemanifest (sourcePath). Attempt 1 of 10.

and after the tenth attempt if fails. It seems to make slight progress between the socket errors which confuses me, and in the web deploy settings the connection can be successfully validated.

I saw mentioned somewhere online that I should enable untrusted certificates, however I can't see this option in the web deploy settings in VS2013.

I have since managed to publish a different project from VS2013 to other sites on my Azure account, but I still cannot publish this particular project.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

JK

Monday, April 20, 2015 11:44 AM

Answers

• User1814019480 posted

hi sir,

From your description, firstly, I recommend you can refer to this post and try that solution:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/6242793/4661004

Because you can deploy other website form your environment, I presume your web deploy is right installed on your environment, or you need re-install it.

For excluded service error, I suggest you can create new website service, and try to deploy your project on new service. If you always occurred this error, please post back, I will help you resolved this issue.

Regards,
    Will

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 24, 2015 2:16 AM

All replies

• User1814019480 posted

hi sir,

From your description, firstly, I recommend you can refer to this post and try that solution:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/6242793/4661004

Because you can deploy other website form your environment, I presume your web deploy is right installed on your environment, or you need re-install it.

For excluded service error, I suggest you can create new website service, and try to deploy your project on new service. If you always occurred this error, please post back, I will help you resolved this issue.

Regards,
    Will

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, April 24, 2015 2:16 AM
  • User-629844629 posted

Will,

The post mentioned by you is not the case.

The website is hosted by Azure.

The simptons are when the files are uploading and some (not so) large file (like 5Mb), starts.

It's beeing a hell updating my application on last days.

Thursday, May 14, 2015 10:35 AM