To develop an application for windows mobile using visual studio 2010 professional edition. RRS feed

• Question

•  Can anyone help me out how to create an application for windows mobile, which connects laptop wifi then ask for connection to another windows mobile which is also connected to that laptop.

i want to create an application for wifi calling using two windows mobile which are already connected one wifi accesspoint.

plz help me out.

Friday, October 14, 2011 9:08 AM

Answers

• Visual Studio 2010 does not support Windows Mobile development. You need VS2008 for that.

I'm afraid I don't understand your requirements. Are you looking for a way to do peer-to-peer voip? This is a non-trivial exercise.

If that's the case, you would need to develop clients for both the laptop and the WM device.

1. The Zero Config API will let your client choose an ad-hoc connection to the laptop.

2. Then, you need to come up with some audio codec. Here is a list of a few. Some require licenses.

3. Then, design some streaming protocol to move audio data from the device to the laptop. This protocol will have to take in to account packet loss and minimize jitter among many other things. You can possibly use H.323 or SIP if you can find an implementation that you like.

4. Now do it in reverse for the laptop to the wm device.

-PaulH

• Proposed as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, October 17, 2011 6:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Friday, October 21, 2011 5:54 AM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 2:01 PM