AjaxFileUpload corrupt files if the file name contains Arabic text ! RRS feed

• Question

• User1750468801 posted

After uploading so many files using AjaxFileUpload , I noticed all files uploaded to the server are corrupted.  The error message I get is "Excel can not open the file عربي.xlsx because the fileformat or the file extention is not valid".

If I change the file name from (عربي.xlsx) to (arabic.xlsx) and reupload the file then the file works!

more strange than that is when I tried to upload empty text file with arabic name and when I opened the file , the file opened correctly , but I found letter "n" in the content of the file which I didn't add in the first place !

Can someone explain how I can resolve this issue ? Thank you

Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:23 AM

All replies

• User1750468801 posted

Can someone please help me resolve this issue ?

Saturday, April 19, 2014 11:03 AM
  • User-1561933206 posted

Bomayed,

Not sure but you might like to change the culture info of your page hosting file upload.

http://asp.net-tutorials.com/localization/changing-the-active-culture/

See if this works

Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:16 PM
  • User1750468801 posted

I changed the culture , still not working.

Sunday, April 20, 2014 1:51 AM
  • User-417640953 posted

Hi bomayed,

Thank you post the issue to asp.net forum.

Just for a diagnosis, please try to upload the excel file with the عربي.xlsx name, then try to change the file name as arabic.xlsx in the

AjaxFileUpload1_UploadComplete method like below.

protected void AjaxFileUpload1_UploadComplete(object sender, AjaxControlToolkit.AjaxFileUploadEventArgs e)
            {
                var filename = "Arabic" + System.IO.Path.GetExtension(e.FileName);
                AjaxFileUpload1.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("~/Files/") + filename);
            }

Then see if it ok. If not please see below similar thread AjaxFileUpload file name cannot contains special chars, and vote it.

http://ajaxcontroltoolkit.codeplex.com/workitem/27655

Thanks.

Best Regards!

Sunday, April 20, 2014 9:56 PM