none
Deploying with ClickOnce RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I would like to deploy an .Net app which uses the OpenXML SDL V2 with ClickOnce. Has anybody done that before ? I intend to use the Boostrapper generator for Visual Studio 2008 (http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/bmg) and I need to know what registry keys are defined when the SDK is installed. I can try to find by myself, or perhaps someone in the audience has already done that ???

Best regards

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:04 AM

Answers

• If you've referenced the Open XML assembly in your project directly, set the CopyLocal property on the reference to True.  If it's not (i.e. another assembly you reference uses it), open the project properties, go to the Publish tab, click the Application Files button, and set the Publish Status on it to "Include" rather than "Include (Auto)".  Either way will makes it include the file in the setup as part of the distributed file set rather than leaving it out under the assumption that it is already installed in the GAC on the end user's PC.

Eric

• Marked as answer by PhilTheGap Friday, April 2, 2010 4:49 PM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:07 PM

All replies

• If you've referenced the Open XML assembly in your project directly, set the CopyLocal property on the reference to True.  If it's not (i.e. another assembly you reference uses it), open the project properties, go to the Publish tab, click the Application Files button, and set the Publish Status on it to "Include" rather than "Include (Auto)".  Either way will makes it include the file in the setup as part of the distributed file set rather than leaving it out under the assumption that it is already installed in the GAC on the end user's PC.

Eric

• Marked as answer by PhilTheGap Friday, April 2, 2010 4:49 PM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:07 PM
  • Hi Eric,

it is not that simple. My customer need to have the OpenXML SDK installed since it the my .Net assembly is an interop assembly which references a COM component.

Philippe

Thursday, April 1, 2010 7:23 AM
  • Hi Eric,

It seems that you are right, I only need to add the dll in my deployment.

I apologize.

Best regards

Friday, April 2, 2010 4:50 PM