Where to find sample WPF SQLite app RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded the file sqlite-netFx451-setup-bundle-x86-2013-1.0.96.0.exe found here, to use a SQLite database with my WPF app. Does anyone know where I can find a sample app, or instructions on how retrieve, add, delete records etc. via C# code, using the package? Please note I'm using Visual Studio 2013. Thank you.
    • Edited by PDoug Wednesday, March 18, 2015 9:13 PM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 9:12 PM

Answers

• Thanks for all your suggestions. Based on them I bounced around, and I'm using the sample SQLite for WPF app I found here. Please note I had to re-specify the location of the 'Northwind.db3' file on my PC, in the database connection string found in the App.config file for the app's project. I also downloaded the file sqlite-netFx40-binary-Win32-2010-1.0.96.0.zip, from here; which I unzipped so that I could reference a suitable System.Data.SQLite.dll file, to make my project work.
    • Marked as answer by PDoug Friday, March 20, 2015 6:04 PM
    • Edited by PDoug Friday, March 20, 2015 6:04 PM
    Friday, March 20, 2015 6:03 PM

All replies

• Please refer to the following link for information about how to connect to a SQLite database and execute SQL queries against it using C#: http://blog.tigrangasparian.com/2012/02/09/getting-started-with-sqlite-in-c-part-one/

Here is another tutorial that should be helpful: http://zetcode.com/db/sqlitecsharp/

Hope that helps.

Note that how to use SQLite using C# is not really a WPF topic though.

Please remember to close your threads by marking helpful posts as answer and please start a new thread in an appropriate forum if you have a new question.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:03 AM
  • Hi PDoug,

>>Does anyone know where I can find a sample app, or instructions on how retrieve, add, delete records etc. via C# code, using the package?

I think you need to know how to use SQLite in any .Net application first, please refer to this link for details: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/2d4befa0-b09c-41fb-9907-e7d3464b1bea/sqlite-database-in-wpfapplication?forum=wpf

You can also get some samples in the Internet, for exmple, using your favorite search engine with keywords: WPF Sqlite

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 9:16 AM
  • Thanks for all your suggestions. Based on them I bounced around, and I'm using the sample SQLite for WPF app I found here. Please note I had to re-specify the location of the 'Northwind.db3' file on my PC, in the database connection string found in the App.config file for the app's project. I also downloaded the file sqlite-netFx40-binary-Win32-2010-1.0.96.0.zip, from here; which I unzipped so that I could reference a suitable System.Data.SQLite.dll file, to make my project work.
    • Marked as answer by PDoug Friday, March 20, 2015 6:04 PM
    • Edited by PDoug Friday, March 20, 2015 6:04 PM
    Friday, March 20, 2015 6:03 PM