how to make always EMF format print? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Nowadays make the image insert for EMF Print Processor.

But some printer drivers(HP UNI DRV etc..) always output format are RAW(PCL6)..

So cannot insert image to print job.. (because I use the GDI library)

Environments: WDK 8.1 / Visual Studio 2013

Question 1. how can I setting or make the anythings(printer driver etc..) the always output format are EMF?

Question 2. only use Print Processor can be made always output EMF?

I lack the English skills. Please understand me..

help or advice..

Jeong.

Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:52 AM

Answers

• Jaewoo,

The spool file's format varies depending on the app and the driver that are being used. You cannot count on spool files being in EMF, as they could also be RAW or XPS. That's not something you can control.

I'm not sure I understand your scenario, but I think you are adding a watermark to a print job using some service that is local on the machine and modifies the spool files before they are sent to the printer driver. This is not a scenario we support. You could build a solution where you do watermarking in the printer driver, though.

If you are still stuck, I'd recommend talking to Microsoft Support. http://support.microsoft.com.

Thanks

Juustin

Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:29 PM

All replies

• Jaewoo,

The spool file's format varies depending on the app and the driver that are being used. You cannot count on spool files being in EMF, as they could also be RAW or XPS. That's not something you can control.

I'm not sure I understand your scenario, but I think you are adding a watermark to a print job using some service that is local on the machine and modifies the spool files before they are sent to the printer driver. This is not a scenario we support. You could build a solution where you do watermarking in the printer driver, though.

If you are still stuck, I'd recommend talking to Microsoft Support. http://support.microsoft.com.

Thanks

Juustin

Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:29 PM
  • Justin,

Thanks for your reply. I understand your means..

My scenario example :

Print Job -> Insert image watermark(JPEG) -> Print

But the WDK sample source have the only text base watermark..

Can I make the using WDK sample image watermark?

Thanks

Jaewoo

• Edited by jaewoo jung Friday, May 16, 2014 2:33 AM add
    Friday, May 16, 2014 2:31 AM