Implementing ITfLanguageProfileNotifySink and its method OnLanguageChanged

All replies

• I am not aware of any samples for this. If you need help with it I would recommend providing more information about what exactly you are trying to do and where it is failing. A minimal sample reproducing the problem as your app attempts to call this would be helpful.

In general we recommend using the built in text controls so you do not need to implement TSF yourself.

--Rob

Friday, May 3, 2013 2:18 AM
    Owner
  • I want to be able to detect when the user changes the keyboard language/layout (in a Windows store app), and basically I think this is the only API that seems to do that job, but I am unable to verify that as I am unable to run it :).

I am trying to write a class public ref class Class1 : ITfLanguageProfileNotifySink, but Visual Studio is complaining and not building; it is saying that basically this is a struct, and you can't inherit from that. I thought, hey that's just a simple interface implementation, but for some reason it isn't working. So that's why I need a sample for how to use it, because basically I couldn't find anything anywhere online.

I just need a simple code on how to use it, and maybe popup a message when the language changes. Just to learn how to use such things (yeah, I'm not that much into c++ and windows).

I appreciate any input.

Hani

Friday, May 3, 2013 7:42 PM