none
[Solved] Windows server 2019: backup fail: shadow copy storage on another volume RRS feed

• Question

• I have sechedule a dayly backup of a folder in my server to another partition in the same server. When it finished, the state it is failed, and I get this message: The specified backup storage location has the shadow copy storage on another volume.

However, I can restore the files, and if I go to the log in the folder C:\Windows\Logs\WindowsServerBackup I have file named "Backup_Error-27-07-2019_16-22-47.log" that is empty and another log file named Backup-27-07-2019_16-22-47.log with all the files in backed state.

So I don't know why I get this state and I have problems with the shadow copy. In windows server 2016 I have not this error and the configuration of the backup is the same.

Thanks.

Saturday, July 27, 2019 4:47 PM

All replies

• Finllay the solution it was delete the partition and create it again, it is not enough formatting the partition, and the create the scheduled backup again. It seems that if I format the partition, the information of the shadow copy is still kept.
    Sunday, July 28, 2019 11:45 AM