Live connect login page not aligned correctly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using the liveconnect api's for windows phone and the sign in page thayt prompts the user to login to his or her skydrive seems to not completely cover the app there is a small 1 inch gap at the top and my app can be seen.. how can i adjust this?

Juan Rodriguez Celltrac Software
    Friday, February 3, 2012 7:02 PM

All replies

• Can you provide any screenshot of what you are seeing?
    Regards!!! Navdeep Bawa
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 6:31 AM
  • Can you provide any screenshot of what you are seeing?
    Regards!!! Navdeep Bawa

Sunday, February 5, 2012 3:56 AM
  • The Login and the consent page in Live SDK are hosted in a popup control and its not a seperate page and therfore the 1inch margin. THere is no way to customize this popup control. Is there a specific reason you don't want it that way.

Thanks

Deepesh

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 1:01 AM
  • The Login and the consent page in Live SDK are hosted in a popup control and its not a seperate page and therfore the 1inch margin. THere is no way to customize this popup control. Is there a specific reason you don't want it that way.

Thanks

Deepesh

thanks for the reply as far as the popup control's 1 inch gap makes the app look like the developer did not align page correctly from a user stand point the popup controls we use in our app usally completely cover any other pages in background. would there be a reason why the popup should have this gap at the top?

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 2:34 AM
  • This is clearly a bug in the SDK.  It appears as though the Microsoft.Live.PhoneAuthClient class is hardcoding a 15 pixel vertical offset.  My guess is that this was a really bad hack to attempt to not cover the system tray.  For any apps out there (and there are a lot of them) who choose to hide the system tray, we get this fugly gap at the top of our screen. 

Friday, February 24, 2012 10:04 AM