none
ActionsPaneControl Missing VS2015 & VS2017 RRS feed

• Question

• I have both the VS2015 & VS2017 community editions. I have the Office Tools for both editions. I am trying to develop an VSTO Excel 2013 - 2016 VSTO Addin. i added the Ribbon and when I try to add an ActionsPaneControl (Project, Add New Item) the option (template) is not in the list of choices under C# and Windows form, Office/Sharepoint, etc . I did a search also and came up empty

Where is the ActionPaneControl or Task Pane control. How to add it

Saturday, January 27, 2018 12:12 PM

All replies

• Hi KLanguedoc,

You had asked,"Where is the ActionPaneControl or Task Pane control. How to add it"

To add ActionPaneControl or Task Pane control,

You Can go to Project -> Add -> New Item -> ActionPaneControl or Task Pane (User Control) control.

below is the video capture in VS 2017.

With the same steps, You can add both controls in VS 2015 too.

Try to follow the steps and let me know whether you are able to add it in your project or not.

Further you can refer link below to how display that Task pane on run time from button placed on ribbon.

How to: Add a Custom Task Pane to an Application

Walkthrough: Synchronizing a Custom Task Pane with a Ribbon Button

Regards

Deepak 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 29, 2018 3:00 AM
  • Hi Deepak,

And if the controls are missing? Where to get them? And yes Office developer tools for Visual Studio and Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) is installed.

Regards,

Marco

Friday, June 22, 2018 2:42 PM
  • Hi KLanguedoc,

Should be a problem with the project template. The actions pane is available for document-level solutions only. You might want a Task Pane instead. It's basically the same. Hope help.

Thanks,

Simon 

True mastery of any skill takes a lifetime.

Thursday, July 19, 2018 10:02 AM
  • KEY:  TaskPanes can no longer added visibly in Visual Studio's interface during coding but invisibly by code and shown at runtime

public partial class ThisAddIn
        {
            private UserControl1 myUserControl1; //added visibly in VS' userinterface
            private Microsoft.Office.Tools.CustomTaskPane myCustomTaskPane; //added invisibly and shown at runtime

private void ThisAddIn_Startup(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
            {
                myUserControl1 = new UserControl1();
                myCustomTaskPane = this.CustomTaskPanes.Add(myUserControl1, "Calendar"); // add the visibly added Usercontrol to the TaskPane created at runtime

//fix visibility myCustomTaskPane.Visible = true;
                //visibility controlled by RibbonControl
                myCustomTaskPane.VisibleChanged += new EventHandler(myCustomTaskPane_VisibleChanged);

Details here:
    How to: Add a Custom Task Pane to an Application

Walkthrough: Synchronizing a Custom Task Pane with a Ribbon Button

Saturday, September 29, 2018 2:52 PM