none
Font formatting in different views RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have created a project and used different colours in the task name column to help me easily identify different categories of tasks. However when i view these tasks in Task sheet view mode rather than gantt this formatting no longer appears. Is there a way the formatting can be copied over to cover both views?

Thanks

Thursday, June 18, 2015 2:44 PM

All replies

• pgem26,

Formatting is specific to a view and in particular, the view's field table (i.e. which fields are shown as columns). If you use the same field table for the Task Sheet view as you do for the Gantt Chart view then the formatting will carry over. I suspect, you have a different view table for each of your views and that's why the formatting doesn't carry over.

Hope this helps.

John

Thursday, June 18, 2015 3:24 PM
  • Hi John, 

Thanks for replying, I am using the standard gantt page and then just switching the view to 'task sheet' and the formatting doesn't carry - is there a way to carry it over- maybe with tables?

Thanks

Gemma

Thursday, June 18, 2015 3:38 PM
  • Gemma,

My bad, I got ahead of myself. Text formatting does NOT carry over in the view table so no, you can't do it the way I suggested.

However, assuming the view table is the same for both views, the only difference between the Gantt Chart view and the Task Sheet view is the Gantt Chart view has the Gantt bars display whereas the Task Sheet does not. You could simply drag the vertical screen separator to the far right in the Gantt Chart view. Obviously this approach won't work if each view has it's own view table.

If you had only one format color you could use the Marked field to effect text formatting across views but I suspect you have multiple colors.

There is another solution but it's probably overkill. You could use VBA to do text formatting based on certain criteria (e.g. flag fields, number fields, text fields). Short of that, I'm afraid you'll have to manually format the colors independently in each view.

Sorry.

John

Friday, June 19, 2015 2:23 AM
  • Hi John, 

Thanks I think I'll just go for the simple option of dragging the screen separator accross.

Cheers!

Gemma

Friday, June 19, 2015 2:30 PM
  • Gemma,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Friday, June 19, 2015 2:35 PM