Loading SharePoint list records into Power Query reg,. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I tried loading our SPS 2013 list into Power Query and i got the below errors. And not able to connect at all.

What might be the reason? Please Admins let me know. - Thank you!

Details: "Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.Resources.HttpResource: Request failed: 
    OData Version: 3 and 4, Error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (Not Found)
    OData Version: 4, Error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (Not Found)
    OData Version: 3, Error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (Not Found)"

--------------------------- Radhai Krish | Golden Age is no more far | --------------------------

• Edited by Radhai Thursday, September 22, 2016 4:09 PM
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 4:08 PM

Answers

• Seems like your URL is not correct. Be mindful that when you use "From Sharepoint List" you must provide the URL of the site, not the URL of the list. 
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:45 PM
  • Hi Radhai,

I am very sorry for delay response.

Yes, you can use the site URL and check if it avoid the issue.

We can breakdown this URL into its component parts.  First, the 'Site' is what we think of when we type a URL into our browser manually.  It's divided into four parts:

https://contoso.sharepoint.com/
    Protocol: In this case, HyperText Transport Protocol Secure.
    Subdomain:URL are constructed from right-to left so the subdomain is to the left of the demain.
    Domain:When you purchase a domain name, this is the part you're most concerned about.
    Top-Level Domain:COM is commercial, NET is infrastructure, ORG is non-profit,etc.

The site name in the Udocx configurator should end with a forward slash.  If you omit the forward slash, it will be added automatically when the configuration is saved. For more details, you can review this artical.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

Monday, October 17, 2016 9:30 AM

All replies

• Seems like your URL is not correct. Be mindful that when you use "From Sharepoint List" you must provide the URL of the site, not the URL of the list. 
    Thursday, September 22, 2016 7:45 PM
  • Hi Radhai,

Based on your error massage, it shows you are unable to connect SharePoint list.

After my research,  you’d better create a blank query and use this function instead. a similar thread. And here is  article which extracts a SharePoint List with Power Query.

If so, please make your question more specific and post your question in following forum
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointcustomization/threads

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
    Angelia
    Friday, September 23, 2016 7:35 AM

Hi,

can you please elaborate the syntax of the link? What you meant by URL of the site? I just copy pasted the link it appeared in the page while list was accessed.

Yes, in Power Query, i could see every link in the drop down box right from the home link till the link of the list.

you meant the home link that appeared in the drop down list ? If so, i even tried that too.

if not, kindly advise of the format of the site URL - Many thanks!

--------------------------- Radhai Krish | Golden Age is no more far | --------------------------

Monday, September 26, 2016 6:11 AM
  • Hi Radhai,

I am very sorry for delay response.

Yes, you can use the site URL and check if it avoid the issue.

We can breakdown this URL into its component parts.  First, the 'Site' is what we think of when we type a URL into our browser manually.  It's divided into four parts:

https://contoso.sharepoint.com/
    Protocol: In this case, HyperText Transport Protocol Secure.
    Subdomain:URL are constructed from right-to left so the subdomain is to the left of the demain.
    Domain:When you purchase a domain name, this is the part you're most concerned about.
    Top-Level Domain:COM is commercial, NET is infrastructure, ORG is non-profit,etc.

The site name in the Udocx configurator should end with a forward slash.  If you omit the forward slash, it will be added automatically when the configuration is saved. For more details, you can review this artical.

Best Regards,
    Angelia

Monday, October 17, 2016 9:30 AM