none
'TypeError' - Unable to get property 'load' of undefined or null reference for myCtx.load RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting this error/exception:<o:p></o:p>

'TypeError' -  Unable to get property 'load' of undefined or null reference for myCtx.load<o:p></o:p>

from within a successful read handler as a result of this statement, in the parent method javascript hander that looks like this:<o:p></o:p>

myCtx.executeQueryAsync(Function.createDelegate(this, function(){VerifyWebPartTitleAndUpdate(webPrtTitl,imgPath);}),

function()

{

alert('Failure!');

}

);<o:p></o:p>

everything up to this point in the execution seems to be functioning correctly as I step through it with the IE debugger. The error/exception is coming from this statement:

myCtx.load(webPartDef);<o:p></o:p>

in the following snippet of code (from the success handler):<o:p></o:p>

if(webPartTitle == webPrtTitl)

{

webPartDef.openWebPart();

var webPrtUpdtd = updateWebPartProperties(webPartDef, properties, imgPath);

if(webPrtUpdtd)

{

webPartDef.saveWebPartChanges();

webPartDef.closeWebPart();

myCtx.load(webPartDef);

myCtx.executeQueryAsync(function() 

{

alert("'"+webPartTitle+"'WEB-PART PROPERTIES UPDATE SUCCESSFUL!");

},
              function()
             {
                 alert("'" + webPartTitle + "' WEB-PART PROPERTIES UPDATE FAILED!"); 

});
         }
         else
         {
             webPartDef.closeWebPart();
             alert("NO CHANGES MADE TO '" + webPrtTitl + "' WEB-PART.");
         }

}<o:p></o:p>

I suspect that when the success handler makes the method call shown here:<o:p></o:p>

var webPrtUpdtd = updateWebPartProperties(webPartDef, properties, imgPath);<o:p></o:p>

and then returns that perhaps the myCtx object originally set up in the parent to the success handler, somehow gets reset or is changed, as a result of calling the method in the line shown above. <o:p></o:p>

If so then how do I successfully save it before the call is made and then reuse it after returning from the call above? I've tried several different variations, and so far no luck.<o:p></o:p>

If that's not it then I don't understand how my context object which was previously good all of a sudden changed.<o:p></o:p>

I'm Continuing to research and look into this issue.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks for looking.<o:p></o:p>

Henry <o:p></o:p>

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 5:16 PM

Answers

• I was previously losing the original context that I had setup at the highest level of my querying, so when I tried to reference it in lower level successful query handlers it kept coming up with undefined when I tried to use it. I think it was a mistake on my part, that I did figure out by just passing in my context variable to all query handler levels. It did have me stumped for a bit, but it seems to work now. So I hope I learned something and now I have another problem to post about a little farther down into the process. Hopefully be the last, before I get everything working.

Thanks for looking. 

Henry

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please provide proper format as i could not understand exact issue which you were facing. 

And also, what order of JS you are following.

$(document).ready(function () {

// Get the URI decoded URLs. Try to use below format.

hostweburl =            decodeURIComponent( getQueryStringParameter("SPHostUrl"));

// Get the current app url

appweburl = decodeURIComponent( getQueryStringParameter("SPAppWebUrl")

);

var scriptbase = hostweburl + "/_layouts/15/";

$.getScript(scriptbase + "SP.Runtime.js",

function () {

$.getScript(scriptbase + "SP.js",

function () { $.getScript(scriptbase + "SP.RequestExecutor.js", execOperation); }

);

}

);

});

Thanks

Lalith

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark as answer, if my solution helps you.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 6:59 PM
  • I was previously losing the original context that I had setup at the highest level of my querying, so when I tried to reference it in lower level successful query handlers it kept coming up with undefined when I tried to use it. I think it was a mistake on my part, that I did figure out by just passing in my context variable to all query handler levels. It did have me stumped for a bit, but it seems to work now. So I hope I learned something and now I have another problem to post about a little farther down into the process. Hopefully be the last, before I get everything working.

Thanks for looking. 

Henry

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:37 PM
  • Please don't ignore that marking as answer.
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:56 PM